Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where one may find all sorts of random, hopefully amusing tidbits about food & other things.

July 29, 2014

buffalo chicken dip.


I gave in to making this. It goes against every bone and fiber of my being that says to not eat processed food and unnecessary cheese and salt, but but .... I've been having this everywhere! At a potluck. At a work party. At a graduation party.

A person can only stand enjoying something at so many places before making it herself. So I made it, and it was delicious. I even used real chicken (instead of canned, which apparently is common). No regrets!



I'm not a big meat-eater, and I haven't eaten meat off bone (like wings) in probably ten years. But once in a while, I'll have something with meat that I enjoy. And this is one such dip. 

I think I'm just a dip person. I really like this bean dip that my mom makes, seven layer dip, and the idea of a sweet dip (mixture of cream cheese and Fluff, I think it is) appeals to me. So this was no exception.


The recipe is super simple and a combination of almost all things pre-packaged. First, chicken gets mixed with Frank's buffalo wing sauce. Don't use hot sauce, even if you find it in a smaller, more convenient bottle.


Then you add cream cheese and Ranch dressing. (I didn't have Ranch, so I added a little reduced fat sour cream instead. I also used some 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese.)


Add cheddar cheese, which melts due to the heat of the chicken.

And that's it! It's incredibly easy and usually a hit at parties. Enjoy!


Buffalo Chicken Dip
from here. This actually wasn't spicy enough for me, so I added another hot sauce for flavor instead of adding more buffalo sauce, which tends to be too vinegary if too much is added.
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked, finely chopped chicken (I poached mine)
  • 1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo Wings sauce (can add more, to taste)
  • 8 oz package cream cheese (can use 4 oz reduced fat, 4 oz regular)
  • 1/2 cup Ranch dressing (can substitute with a little reduced fat sour cream)
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • blue cheese crumbles
  1. Heat the chicken and Buffalo sauce in a saucepan. Mix to evenly coat the chicken.
  2. Add cream cheese and Ranch. Stir in till well combined.
  3. Remove pan from heat. Stir in cheese till melted.
  4. Serve with chips! If desired, add blue cheese crumbles on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...