A person can only stand enjoying something at so many places before making it herself. So I made it, and it was delicious. I even used real chicken (instead of canned, which apparently is common). No regrets!
I'm not a big meat-eater, and I haven't eaten meat off bone (like wings) in probably ten years. But once in a while, I'll have something with meat that I enjoy. And this is one such dip.
I think I'm just a dip person. I really like this bean dip that my mom makes, seven layer dip, and the idea of a sweet dip (mixture of cream cheese and Fluff, I think it is) appeals to me. So this was no exception.
The recipe is super simple and a combination of almost all things pre-packaged. First, chicken gets mixed with Frank's buffalo wing sauce. Don't use hot sauce, even if you find it in a smaller, more convenient bottle.
Then you add cream cheese and Ranch dressing. (I didn't have Ranch, so I added a little reduced fat sour cream instead. I also used some 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese.)
Add cheddar cheese, which melts due to the heat of the chicken.
And that's it! It's incredibly easy and usually a hit at parties. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
from here. This actually wasn't spicy enough for me, so I added another hot sauce for flavor instead of adding more buffalo sauce, which tends to be too vinegary if too much is added.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, finely chopped chicken (I poached mine)
- 1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo Wings sauce (can add more, to taste)
- 8 oz package cream cheese (can use 4 oz reduced fat, 4 oz regular)
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing (can substitute with a little reduced fat sour cream)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- blue cheese crumbles
- Heat the chicken and Buffalo sauce in a saucepan. Mix to evenly coat the chicken.
- Add cream cheese and Ranch. Stir in till well combined.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in cheese till melted.
- Serve with chips! If desired, add blue cheese crumbles on top.