I can't believe it's Tuesday! This week was supposed to be crazy filled with work. I haven't yet done said work ... which is probably an issue.
I did make these beautiful cupcakes as promised on Monday night, however.
First, chocolate cupcake. SUPER moist, and the top (if you eat them the day they're made ... and uh, why wouldn't you?) has a very thin crust that is slightly crisp, and a great contrast to the softness of everything else.
The middle of the cupcakes are scooped out. There will be a lot of crumbs / crispy top pieces. These are for the baker to eat. Aka - you. DO NOT, under any circumstances, throw away those crumbs. I'll find you. You don't believe me.. but I will.
Next, raw cookie dough balls are molded into the hollows of the cupcakes. The cookie dough has no eggs. No salmonella .. not that that has ever stopped me from eating raw batters and doughs.
Almost done! Now dollop a generous amount of cookie dough frosting atop the cupcakes to cover the cookie dough within. I have officially made this my default frosting. It's amazing. And smooth. And creamy.
In the mood for these, yet?
As a side note, do not eat these if you regard your body as a temple. Or are on a serious diet. Or have given up on enjoying life, in general. Personally, I'll get back to eating healthy after these are gone .. which will be too soon.
|My bad for the quality - iPhone must suffice until I go home.|
Chocolate Cookie Dough Stuffed Cupcakes
A half batch of the raw cookie dough recipe below is enough for the cupcakes, but who's opposed to extra cookie dough? Also, it looks like a lot, but it's not too bad! It took me not much time in a dorm kitchen.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 3/4 cup hot water (with instant coffee mixed in) or coffee
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tspns vanilla extract
Cookie Dough Balls - raw, but safe to eat! (make half batch to fit perfectly in 12 cupcakes)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tb flour
- 1/2 tspn baking soda (for flavor!)
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 Tb yogurt or cream cheese
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Frosting - perfect for a heaping amount on 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 - 2 Tb milk
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- Cupcakes! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cupcake molds with liners.
- Stir together the dry ingredients, from flour - salt.
- Add water, egg, oil, and vanilla. Whisk well, until uniform mixture and no streaks of dry mix remain.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners & bake about 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back gently when pushed. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cookie Dough Balls! While the cupcakes are baking, cream the butter and sugar till fluffy and light.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture.
- Then add cream cheese and vanilla. Then mix in chocolate chips. Refrigerate till using.
- Frosting! Beat the butter with the sugars. Add flour. Add vanilla. Beat well. Add enough milk to make desired consistency.
- Assembly - Scoop the middles out of the cupcakes. Stuff with balls of cookie dough. Frost generously. Eat. Store in fridge for longevity.