Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where one may find all sorts of random, hopefully amusing tidbits about food & other things.

May 11, 2012

pineapple cream cheese blondies.


I realized why I have so much more to blog about when I come home. Because when I'm at college & have something (anything) to say, someone is usually around to hear it.

I guess that someone is you, now! I think my parents have become proficient in tuning out the random stuff I think about.

I hope you're excited. You can hear about how I recently found out that one ostrich egg is the equivalent of about 22 chicken eggs. And how Rutgers is working extra hard to recruit more students directly from China. This greatly baffles me. Also, how the Affordable Care Act is going to affect our lives. I was not aware that it extended coverage for young adults! I can stay underneath my parents' plan till 26 now! WOOP WOOP.

Oh, and I guess you can hear about these blondies. I mean, if you really want to.


They have a blondie base and a pineapple cream cheese mixture spread atop before baking. I actually think they sell pineapple cream cheese spread. Or is that only cottage cheese? The pineapple cottage cheese is delicious!

The base remains chewy and soft. The cream cheese on top provides a contrast because it has very little sugar in it. I would not liken it to frosting in the least. The pineapple is actually the principle source of sweetness in the topping. The whole thing is less blondie and more bar-like, in my opinion.

Caramel is awesome with this. Ice cream doesn't hurt, either. I can say from experience.


Pineapple Cream Cheese Blondies
barely adapted from here. The original called for 1 stick + 2 TB butter .. I used one stick and 1-2 TB ricotta, and it came out fine. I'm sure not adding ricotta would be fine, as well. Of course, you could also stick to adding the full 10 TB of butter.
  • 1 stick butter, room temperature 
  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 tspn vanilla
  • 1 2/3 cups flour 
  • 1 tspn baking powder
  • 3/4 tspn salt

  • 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp 
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, well drained 
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" square baking pan.
  2. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
  3. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs and vanilla. 
  4. Add flour mixture, and mix till just blended. Pat into the pan using wet hands (it's easier). 
  5. Mix the cream cheese, pineapple, egg yolk, and sugar well. Spread evenly atop the blondie dough. 
  6. Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool, and refrigerate to assist in easier cutting. Eat alone, with milk, or with ice cream. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...