Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where one may find all sorts of random, hopefully amusing tidbits about food & other things.

November 11, 2013

chocolate chip cookies II.


Oh baking. It's been so long.

This is embarrassing to admit, but from the moment I started beating butter with the sugars for these (albeit normal, but delicious) cookies, I literally became so happy. It was like somebody injected ... I don't know what drug makes you super relaxed (crack pie from momofuku??), but that, directly into my veins and instantly circulated throughout my body.


It started with homemade veggie pizza and a good conversation with the roommate, and ended with the consumption of three of these cookies ... there may also have been vanilla ice cream involved, but I make no claims (or denials).


I was upset I didn't have enough normal size chocolate chips, but the mini chocolate chips actually ended up making this cookie!!! There's such a uniform distribution of chocolate. 

The dough itself is good too. No need to chill (such a turn-off), or use weird ingredients (I'm looking at you, bread flour). It tans nicely, and bakes up chewy, with crisp edges. Yeah, we're all about that type of cookie over here. If y'all ain't like it, then leave!

I could never date someone who was allergic to peanut butter. It would break the relationship.

Or reconsider, or look at my other types of cookies. I was kidding. Don't leave ..

My only qualm was they didn't stay thicker - they baked up sort of on the thinner side, although my brothers devoured them all in less than a day, so they apparently had no issues. I am still on the lookout for that perfect thick cookie recipe .. maybe if I chilled this batter? I'll provide updates if it happens. Until then, folks.


Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies II - chewy, on the thinner side, with crisp edges. 
adjusted from here ; no chilling of dough required!
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 Tablespoon cream cheese, room temp
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips (or regular, whatever you fancy)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet with wrapper from stick of butter.
  2. Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugars.
  3. Beat in egg, vanilla, and baking soda. 
  4. Add flour and salt. Stir in.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips. 
  6. Use a spoon to drop little balls of dough 3 inches apart on the sheet. 
  7. Bake 12 - 16 minutes, until golden brown on edges. May be a little pale in middle, but will set as it cools. Cool completely before storing. Eat warm with ice cream for ultimate satisfaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...