Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where one may find all sorts of random, hopefully amusing tidbits about food & other things.

June 11, 2011

creamy almond & walnut face exfoliating mask!

I think my toner is making me break out. That, or Revlon Colorstay. Or both.

Or none of it, and my bad diet is the cause behind all my woes.

I dunno.

Oh yeah, this isn't a food post, if you haven't gotten already. But if you're looking for a way to use items from your kitchen to help your skin, keep reading!


Lately, I have been fed up of worrying about whether I am having adverse reactions to different skincare products or whether that huge slice of almond cake (hint hint new recipe coming soon) is why I now have a new red spot on my cheek.

But natural products have yet to let me down. There are many Youtube videos out there showing how to make a variety of masks, facials, etc., but in all reality, the "recipes" are never so difficult to follow. There is also a lot of room for tweaking.

So here is a mask recipe I found on one of the beauty blogs I follow. I adjusted it slightly, which is no surprise, because these types of things are meant to be custom-adjusted. And for that reason, I am not going to supply exact measurements, but a general procedure:
  1. Grab a small handful of almonds & walnuts. The almonds I used were sliced and had the skins on. Use what you have! 
  2. Put them in a small bowl. Pour milk (I used 2%) over the nuts, just enough to submerge them completely. 
  3. Let the nuts soak for at least 3 hours. 
  4. Take the nuts out of the milk with a slotted spoon and put them in a small food processor. Add 1 TB of the milk that the nuts were soaking in. Add yogurt and ground flaxseed, starting each with 1/2 TB measures. Grind up. You will probably use around 1-2 TB of each. 
  5. To check whether it's a good consistency, put a little on the back of your hand. Imagine putting it on your face. Is it too runny? Add 1/2 TB flax, and then more if needed. Too chunky? Add yogurt. 
  6. When it's the desired consistency, put in a container. Will remain in fridge for 3-4 days, or until yogurt goes bad! 
**Note: The leftover milk from the soaking tastes excellent! Mix with a little sugar, and it's so good.

TO USE: Slather onto your face! Leave on for about 30 minutes. Before washing off, massage it gently into your face. Wash off and dry your face. Take joy in the increased smoothness and tightness of your skin, the extreme moisture this gives your skin, and the radiant glow you now have because all those dead skin cells have been sloughed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...