Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where one may find all sorts of random, hopefully amusing tidbits about food & other things.

June 1, 2011

quick lunch update 3 - tuna sandwich.



Today I ate a tuna sandwich. But I didn't use mayo. Impossible? NOT AT ALL.


I adore tuna sandwiches. How? Well, I will admit, nothing beats a little bit of a salted egg yolk & oil emulsion serving as a binding agent for some canned tuna in water. Packed between two hearty slices of whole grain bread with a generous amount of s&p, OH BABY I could eat it all day long.

But the traditional version is not particularly healthy and I feel like the sandwich could have so much more to offer.

Here's what's up:



bowl. fork.
half a can of tuna.
mash in some chickpeas (freshly boiled, if possible)
a little salt, pepper, and parmesan.
finely chopped up scallion - throw those in.
(^that is where most of the flavor lies - scallions<3)
healthy squeeze of lemon.
slather a little tomato jam onto two slices of whole grain bread.
eat all the little grains that fall out of the bread.
pile on the well-mixed tuna mixture onto bread.
sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
complete the sandwich. serve with a cold glass of lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...