Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where one may find all sorts of random, hopefully amusing tidbits about food & other things.

July 16, 2011

spiced honey face mask.

Doesn't the "spiced honey" part sound like it's a cake or bread or something?

But it's not!

Before I get into the mask, story - I spent the day at Rutgers, with the people I will be living with next year. We also visited our other friend, who cannot make pasta. He put hot water to boil. But before it even began boiling whatsoever, he dumped in a bunch of pasta. And by a bunch, I mean a whole box of linguine. Into what would be termed a "small saucepan." My suitemate (who likes to cook, as well) and I ended up watching his pasta for him, and we turned off the stove when it was cooked to al dente. And we found a long hair in the water.

And then we walked over to the common area, where he was playing Smash and everyone else was watching and sat down. Yeah, it was a little gross.


Before visiting him, we also ate at Efe's, a Mediterranean place, and Thomas Sweet. I got the strawberry frozen yogurt with brownie blended in & rainbow sprinkles. Ohmahhgawd. At Efe's, I got an "H-Grilled Chicken Sandwich." It was chicken souvlaki in between pita with white (tzatziki) & red (spicy, yum) sauce, along with lettuce, tomato, and onion, as usual. It was deliciously messy.

I was tired after working and then traveling. And my parents went to visit someone. So I made a face mask that I could leave on for 30 minutes without anyone getting seriously scared.

Honey is a natural antiseptic, especially good at easing acne. It has antioxidants & antimicrobial properties (not fake honey, but the real organic deal. I use Manuka honey from New Zealand that flaunts its benefits very much so on the label). It is also soothing and moisturizing without leaving your skin greasy whatsoever.

oh man. how gorgeous, huh? well it will be after! :D

Nutmeg and cinnamon are featured in this face mask, as well. I knew cinnamon had heart-healthy properties if ingested, but apparently it is an antiseptic, too. Read about it more here. About nutmeg - this site says it helps reduce acne scars. I hope that is true! There are youtube videos about that property. This site mentions nutmeg's anti-inflammatory properties. How interesting!

I forget where I found this recipe online. Test on a small patch of skin first, or do not use if you have super sensitive skin. It's a slightly "stronger" mask than the other one I blogged about.

You mix the following until thick and not runny. Adjust measurements, as necessary. Apply to your clean face. Do not exfoliate face for at least 24 hours before using this mask. Leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm (NOT hot) water.
  • 1/2 Tb organic honey
  • 1/4 tspn cinnamon
  • 1/4 tspn nutmeg 
This mask does not deliver quite as evident and dramatic results as the creamy nut and yogurt exfoliating mask, but I think it does help your skin. Just look at the benefits (above) the ingredients give you! They are just not immediately evident. My skin did feel slightly tighter, in a good way, as if it was supple. And it felt slightly moisturized, as well. 

I prepped for the mask by removing my makeup & using my AcneFree cleanser. Then I used the mask. Then I rinsed it off, & used my usual toner-ACV (apple cider vinegar diluted with green tea) combo on a cotton ball. Then I used a light moisturizer. I am using Clean & Clear Dual Action, but I want a new better one. I know they're out there, I just don't know what to get as of now. 

Hope you try this, it's super easy & helps your skin in a natural way!! Good day (or night) to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...